Well planned and performed pay-per-click (PPC) advertising programs bring qualified traffic to your site instantly. It takes years of experience, marketing knowledge, and the willingness to keep up with changes to gain a good return on investment when running ads.
The advantage of PPC is that you can pay for top placement, rather than leaving your ranking to the mercy of a search engine's proprietary ranking algorithm. Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising is normally seen on the side or very top of Google search pages. These ads campaigns are paid for by the site owners. You pay for each user clicking your ad link as opposed to free clicks in normal search results. The three main PPC advertising avenues are Google, Yahoo, and MSN search with Google being the biggest.
Google has developed their own pay-per-click program called Google AdWords. The AdWords program allows listings to appear in boxes that run along the right-hand side of Google's results page. These are sold on a self-serve basis, which means you can get started almost immediately, as long as you have a credit card.
Rank is determined by a proprietary algorithm that is a combination of ad to site page quality, ad relevance, bid price, and click through rate. If an ad is irrelevant to users, they won't click on it and it will move down the page. Your relevant ads can rise, at no extra cost to you, if they are correctly placed, point to appropriate pages, and are very well targeted.
selecting a PPC management company
When selecting a PPC service you want to make sure that the company has substantial experience managing successful PPC campaigns. PPC management is much more than simply setting up an account with Google Adwords or Yahoo Search Marketing. A good PPC management service will provide:
- Daily management of your PPC
- Optimization of your PPC account — this includes optimizing ads, keyword, selection, and ad/keyword quality scores. This will ensure that your PPC campaign is converting at the highest level possible.
- Recommendations for optimization of your landing page — this will ensure that you not only receive quality traffic to your site but that it converts. This normally goes hand-in-hand with proper analytics monitoring.
PPC management services
- Keyword Selection and Optimization
- Ad Creation and Continual Rewrites/Optimization
- Landing Page Consulting and Design
- Keyword Bid Management
- Testing and Ad/Landing Page Design Change Recommendations